Hypnotherapy training can take on many guises
Sometimes trainers focus on a way to teach people to relax, some people go deeper (please excuse the pun) and teach how to use regression techniques. Some schools such as The New Devon School of Hypnotherapy will teach all the techniques at their disposal and do lots of practical work whilst some others may concentrate on theory – but who should you go with? We have listed a rough guide of what to look for in a trainer.
- Experience – Your trainer needs to be experienced, if they have only had a couple of years as a hypnotherapist the chances are they didn’t see many clients and have gone into training because they couldn’t make it as a therapist. Ideally your trainer will have spent at the very least 7 – 8 years in practice before going into training.
- Qualifications – What qualifications does your trainer possess? Do they have qualifications in teaching for example? How many training courses have they been on themselves? We have heard stories of trainers that have only ever been on one training course and have then gone on to teach from what they gleaned from that – it’s a bit like Chinese whispers..
- Ethics – Why did your trainer become a hypnotherapist in the first place? Let’s face it, it’s hardly the kind of thing that you put down as a career option at school. Did your prospective trainer decide it would be a good way to make money or do they have a deeper understanding of the therapeutic process?
- Background – Is your trainer down to earth or a high flying intellectual? Some people may find a highly intellectual approach is simply intimidating whilst others may prefer that type of trainer, some people prefer a down to earth trainer who keeps things much simpler though – the choice is yours.
- Cost – There are many courses out there, some as much as £1,000 per day some for peanuts. It’s usually best to see if there are easy payment plans, whether they are interest free or if there are early bird discount schemes or even options for reduced payment if paying up-front.
If you want to know more about hypnotherapy training take a look at www.hypnotherapy-training-devon.co.uk